Well-Versed in Employment Law and Litigation
David has extensive experience in litigating and negotiating claims for employers and their agents. He has successfully represented clients in various stages of lawsuits before administrative agencies as well as state and federal courts. David understands that each case and client is different and aims to get optimal results for everyone he serves.
He routinely represents clients in Workers’ Compensation matters at the administrative and litigation levels as well.
Communication is Key
David works with public and private organizations in preparing their employee handbooks and bringing clarity and a greater understanding on all issues including Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, USERRA and many other laws and regulations. He simultaneously educates managers and employees on their respective responsibilities.
On the Personal Side
David has served as the President of the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Development Board, and has also been its Vice President, Treasurer and Rock ‘N Bowl committee chairperson. David was a member of the Otterbein College varsity track and field and cross country teams. He still enjoys competing in triathlons. David and his wife are the proud parents of two sons.
- Federal Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Fellow, Columbus Bar Foundation
- Defense Research Institute
Presentations and Publications
David is an adjunct professor in the Otterbein University MBA and undergraduate Business, Accounting and Economics programs, where he teaches courses such as Ethical Leadership, Communications and Negotiations and the Legal Environment of Business. David also routinely presents to various organizations throughout Ohio on a variety of legal topics. In 2014, David was asked to assist the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission Curriculum Committee in revising its Corrections Basic Training Inmate Rights & Civil Liability lesson plan.
- Business Law
- Civil Litigation
- Labor and Employment
- Workers’ Compensation
Credentials and Distinctions
- Super Lawyers® 2017 – 2018
- Super Lawyers Rising Star®, 2007, 2010 – 2016
- 2014 Otterbein University Part-Time Faculty Award for Teaching in the Discipline
- 2013 Otterbein University Young Alumni Award for Community Engagement
- 2015 Sts. Peter & Paul Alumni Hall of Fame
- Capital University, J.D.
- Member of the Law Review
- Otterbein College, B.A. in Business/Political Science (Pi Eta Sigma/Tau Pi Phi/Teleiotes National Honor Societies)
- Mortar Board National Honor Society
- State of Ohio
- State of South Carolina
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio