A Strong Litigator
Named a Super Lawyer since 2011 for his outstanding work in employment and labor law, Marc has also been recognized by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers® in America. He regularly represents public and private employers in all areas of labor and employment relations, including all facets of contract negotiations, litigation, mediation, conflict resolution procedures, disciplinary matters (arbitration and civil service), the daily administration of internal policies, state and federal laws, and collective bargaining agreements. He serves as lead counsel before administrative agencies pertaining to personnel matters. Marc represents employers in litigation matters in both state and federal court.
Marc also serves as the Law Director for the City of Bexley, representing the city in various aspects of municipal law.
From Clerk to Partner
Marc began his career as a law clerk to the Honorable T. Eugene Burts, Administrative Law Judge, U.S. Department of Labor before beginning work in private practice in 1988. Marc became a partner in the firm in 1993. Later he served as adjunct professor of employment law at Wittenberg University providing instruction on critical topics such as human resources, FLSA, unlawful discrimination and harassment, civil rights, ethics, FMLA, ADA and civil service law. Marc was appointed as Law Director for the City of Bexley in 2016.
This prestigious background has led to frequent requests for Marc to lecture on personnel and human resource issues including discipline, collective bargaining, employment discrimination and various aspects of the employment relationship.
Excelling in Large and Small Employment Issues
Comfortable in the courtroom as well as the classroom, Marc believes his greatest contribution to clients comes from a proactive approach to employee relations and local governmental law. This means attending to small details such as ensuring proper preparation of employee handbooks and drug testing policies. He also assists clients with in-house education so their staff is up to speed on legal changes as they occur.
On the Personal Side
Marc is the proud father of two children and has served on a number of community non-profit boards. He is a past president of the Board of Directors for the Columbus Jewish Community Center.
- Member of the Supreme Court’s Commission on Dispute Resolution
- The Ohio Public Employers Labor Relations Association (OHPELRA)
- Former Member of Board of Directors of OHPELRA
- National Public Employers Labor Relations Association (NPELRA)
- The Ohio State Bar Association
- Member of Labor and Employment Section and Litigation Section
- The Columbus Bar Association
- Member of Labor Law Committee
Presentations and Publications
Marc regularly contributes articles to various publications including those of the Ohio State Bar Association, the County Commissioners Association of Ohio, the Ohio Municipal League and the Ohio Public Employers’ Labor Relations Association. He is also the author and editor of “Employment in Ohio – A guide to employment laws, regulation and practices,” published by Matthew Bender.
- Labor and Employment Law
- Civil Litigation
- Government Law
Credentials and Distinctions
- Best Lawyers® 2011 – 2018
- Super Lawyers 2011 – 2018
- Ohio Public Employer Labor Relations Association 2008 Pacesetter Award
- Recognized by the Columbus Jewish Community Center for pro bono work
- Ohio Public Employer Labor Relations Association 2017 Award of Excellence
- The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, J.D.
- Cleveland State University, B.A. in Political Science, summa cum laude
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio